Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm Here After a Nice 30 Hour Trip!

I arrived in Bamenda early this morning. Once I arrived in the Capital city of Yaounde at the international airport I was picked up by the Director of Programs for my organization GLOWA. Jamils and I had to wait in Yaounde for 6 hours until the next bus would come to take us to Bamenda. The bus ride took about 6 hours including many many stops on the side of the road. It was a bit concerning because I was informed of very dangerous highway robbers which did not help my ability to sleep!

Today I went to the organization where I was greeted by the staff of 2 and several other volunteers. They are so generous and two of their younger workers helped me transfer money and took me to a cyber cafe where I am now. This has so far been a very different experience and a bit scary I have to admit, but I know with time and patience I will learn to adapt. Once I take some photos I will do my best to upload; unfortunately the internet is a bit slow. I hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are there safe and sound! Miss you like crazy... soak up the experience and be safe! Love you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see an update!! Love you miss you and be safe mon petit choux!!

    ReplyDelete