Monday, June 1, 2009

Departure Time!

I was unable to sleep soundly last night for the reason being I leave for Cameroon today. I fly from Cedar Rapids to O'Hare, O'Hare to Brussels, Brussels to Yaounde, then drive from Yaounde to Bamenda where I will be primarily living.

I will have internet access where I hope to be able to upload photos and video that will not jeopardize any of the children I will be working with. I will also attempt to update this site as much as possible for those interested.

I want to make sure to thank my M.A. committee which consists of Professor Rex Honey and Deputy Director of the Center for Human Rights, Amy Weismann for all of their assistance in preparing me for this trip. I would also like to thank Coach Kowal and her family for donating a fantastic digital camera to the organization which will greatly aid our efforts, my good friend Lesley who created this blog for me, and my family and friends who support my eagerness to combat human trafficking.

1 comment: